Bei der Eröffnungskeynote der Open World 2015 hat Larry Ellison die 6 wichtigen Design Goals für die Oracle Cloud:
- Low cost. Not only will Oracle be price competitive with its cloud infrastructure services, it will help customers by automating as much of their cloud operations as possible.
- Reliability. “There can be no single point of failure,” Ellison said. “In fact, there can’t be failures at all.”
- Performance. “The faster you run, the fewer resources you use to get something done.”
Standards-based design. Makes it very easy to “lift and shift” applications from on-premises to the cloud.
- Complete compatibility. On-premises technology and Oracle cloud services will be compatible.
- “Always on” security. At both the database and silicon level. In terms of an enterprise priority, Ellison said, “I would put security on top.”